[OpenIndiana-discuss] ssh root login

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Jan 13 02:02:22 UTC 2013

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013, Gregory S. Youngblood wrote:

> Don't forget by default root is not a regular user account. Or at least it didn't used to be. You may need to issue the command to make root a full account before you can ssh to the root account.
>
> Also, depending on what you're doing, you might consider ssh to a
> regular user and then escalate via sudo or pfexex instead of ssh to
> the root user directly.

Yes, I agree that this approach would be better.  The main problem is
that I intentionally have a wide-variety of systems (hope to add more)
and each one behaves a little differently.  I would need to create a
new user account account on all the systems and add a way to
accomplish the equivalent of 'sudo' on all those systems (perhaps via
a suid wrapper).

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn