[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrate from linux to openindiana

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Jan 13 02:10:51 UTC 2013

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013, gigli wrote:

> Seeking some help here. Tried a couple of days to migrate from linux to
> openindiana. Today i use ubuntu with zfs, i am very
> impressed with zfs. OI with napp-it was a great experience. But i would
> like to use my server for more tasks.
>
> I would like it to serve as tftp server so i can pxeboot
> my other clients with clonezilla. I would like mysql-server
> for xbmc-database, use it as a dns-server with a local domain
>
> It is in many ways very different from linux which i have used
> many years, and hard to set up, since it lacks documentation.

There is some documentation provided with the system.

Do 'man tftpd'.  Look at the end of this manual page where it talks
about editing /etc/inet/inetd.conf, running /usr/sbin/inetconv, and
then (after performing those two steps) you should see useful output
from

   svcs -l svc:/network/tftp/udp6:default

Note that Solaris tftp uses the legacy directory /tftpboot whereas
some Linux often uses a different directory now.

The actual tftpd binary is at "/usr/sbin/in.tftpd".

> The best solution would be to skip kvm, but i really need
> a working tftp-server functioning to serve clonezilla.

Try the above and you should have it.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn