[OpenIndiana-discuss] SuperTuxkart 0.8 has been released for Solaris 32-bit

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Wed Jan 16 08:50:20 UTC 2013

Hi Solaris community,

over a year after the 0.7.3 release, we are proud and excited to
announce the release of SuperTuxKart 0.8! We have closed over 230
tickets, and made some significant changes: You can now enjoy a story
mode with challenges against a stronger AI, and improved physics with
better skidding and collisions. Tracks can be driven in reverse, and we
have new music especially composed for SuperTuxKart. To see it in
action: http://youtu.be/wwSXCrNjTm4

Many many more changes were done, the main ones are:

  * Story mode and new challenge set
  * Improved AI
  * Skidding and better collision physics
  * Reverse mode
  * New green valley track
  * New Blackhill Mansion track
  * Updated XR591 track
  * Updated Fort Magma track
  * Updated Jungle track
  * Updated Sand track
  * New music
  * Updated menus

We hope you will enjoy this brand new version!

Head over to http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Downloads to download
the version for SUN Solaris 10, ORACLE Solaris 11, OpenSolaris 11, and
OpenIndiana now!

A big thanks to all the people who have contributed to SuperTuxKart,
without whom this release would not have been possible (full list in the
credits of the game).

STK Development Team