[OpenIndiana-discuss] 10 GB Networking - any known gotchas/tips - stuff to avoid?

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 14:04:29 UTC 2013

We're looking at building out some of our infrastructure in 10 GB ethernet land, then reevaluating our changing storage needs in context of best practices for leveraging these speeds. IE, iSCSI? Dedicated Storage arrays, etc.

First: Thanks to those of you who've updated our wiki re 10 GB ethernet adapters: http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Ethernet+Networking Is it generally safe to assume a 'chipset-level' compatibility, whether on adapter or mobo? (btw, many of those links to Intel are no longer working...)

Anyone have any specific experience running 10 GB on the newer SuperMicro boards? Yes, I realize we're generally safe with the Intel interfaces but, hey; doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Thanks, All.

Lou Picciano