[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Crash

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Jan 19 19:27:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-19 20:04, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> Having a console window open and checking it periodically can be very helpful.   Such events will get logged to the console. I recently had a correctable event show up in mine. There's probably a way to have the events trigger an email if desired.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19963-01/html/821-1462/fmd-1m.html

Notification Services
syslog (package service/fault-management)
Email (package service/fault-management/smtp-notify)
SNMP (package service/fault-management/snmp-notify)

These all are present in OI as well.

Should also help monitor SMF service state transitions (i.e. failures):
http://www.c0t0d0s0.org/archives/7051-New-Solaris-features-How-to-monitor-SMF-services-via-mail.html

https://blogs.oracle.com/gavinm/entry/notifications_for_smf_instance_state

HTH,
//Jim