[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Crash

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Jan 19 23:05:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-19 23:50, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> I cannot tell what would be the next step to diagnose the problem but:
>
> panicstr = BAD TRAP: type=e (#pf Page fault) rp=ffffff003c913840 addr=77
> occurred in module "smbsrv" due to a NULL pointer dereference
> panicstack = unix:die+dd () | unix:trap+17db () | unix:cmntrap+e6 () |
> smbsrv:smb_mbc_vdecodef+b3 () | smbsrv:smb_mbc_decodef+98 () |
> smbsrv:smb_dispatch_request+ca () | smbsrv:smb_session_worker+6c () |
> genunix:taskq_d_thread+b1 () | unix:thread_start+8 () |
>
> looks like a good start would be to look if there is any bug filed
> concerning Samba...

I believe, this would not be Samba (a userspace project) but Solaris
kernel implementation of CIFS, server in this case.

Causes might be varied, but if there is integration with the Windows
network (MSAD domain), it might be one thing worth researching - if
the user account mapping (mapid, PAM), kerberos login of the server to
domain, naming services and such pieces don't log errors of their own...
Not that these SHOULD cause kernel panics, but who knows what the module
can do if fed invalid inputs? ;) - and these you might be warned about
before the crash...

//Jim