[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi-build vs. illumos-userland

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Sun Jan 20 18:48:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

Since I joined the illumos and OpenIndiana communities about two months ago I
do not know some history, so please excuse my stupid questions.

What is the current status of oi-build and illumos-userland gates?

I found that the latest push to the illumos-userland was this:

$ hg path default
ssh://anonhg@hg.illumos.org/illumos-userland
$ hg tip
changeset:   494:8346b431af59
tag:         tip
user:        Andrew Stormont <andyjstormont at gmail.com>
date:        Wed May 23 12:14:49 2012 +0100
	2255 the tools directory does not build with gcc

$

After the changeset 494 the further pushes went to the oi-build only:

$ hg path default
https://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/
$ hg tip
changeset:   536:dbab4b85533b
tag:         tip
user:        Jon Tibble <meths at btinternet.com>
date:        Wed Oct 10 18:45:48 2012 +0100
	Fix erlang .hgignore

$ hg log -r 494
changeset:   494:8346b431af59
user:        Andrew Stormont <andyjstormont at gmail.com>
date:        Wed May 23 12:14:49 2012 +0100
	2255 the tools directory does not build with gcc

$

Does it mean that the illumos-userland is dead and fully replaced by oi-build?
Where can I find more info?

For example this page:
	http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+illumos-userland
points to "the illumos wiki":
	http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/Building+with+illumos-userland
tut the illumos.org wiki page is deleted:
	A page with this title has been deleted. Contact your space
	administrator if you would like it restored.

I'm confused.

Thanks for the explanation.