[OpenIndiana-discuss] Any document for Samba and LDAP integration

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:45:57 UTC 2013

I use LDAP in samba ... using the Schema from the Samba source code,
and OpenLDAP ... but it's a little custom.

Essentially you need to put the following lines into your smb.conf:

        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://<LDAP Server>
        ldap admin dn = "cn=Manager,<LDAP Domain>"
        ldap group suffix = ou=Group
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Machines
        ldap suffix = <LDAP Domain>
        ldap user suffix = ou=People

but modify to fit your requirements.

if you are planning on using it as a domain controller then you have a
completely different kettle of fish, and I can even talk you through
that ... but it might be better off list.

Jon