[OpenIndiana-discuss] vcenter server sharenfs issue

Sebastian Gabler sequoiamobil at gmx.net
Thu Jan 24 14:57:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am using a share via nfs as esxi datastore for more than a year. 3
hosts have root access. I have added a vcenter server appliance to
manage the esxi hosts, and added the vcenter server's IP address to the
allowed hosts using "zfs set sharenfs=root=host1:host2:host3:vcsa
dataset/share".

Still, all write actions that are issued to the nfs datastore through
the vcsa fail with access problems, while they succeed issues through
the hosts directly. Unfortunately, some actions like cloning or moving
virtual machines require the vcsa to access the nfs datastore.

I have subsequently re-started the nfs service on my openindiana
machine, and re-booted the vcsa to no avail. I have browsed the web for
this issue and did not find a related answer. If anybody has a good idea
what to do, I would be thankful.

With best regards,

Sebastian