[OpenIndiana-discuss] NGINX/PHP-FPM tutuorials or instructions?

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 22:31:51 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 11:20 PM, Bentley, Dain wrote:

> I am looking for a way to install nginx and php-fpm with php suhosin and php mysql openindiana and not having any luck.
> Should I try to look for some tutuorials on illumos or some other distro?

The quickest solution is to just install the packages (via the "pkg
install" command). These are the packages you are looking for (list
produced via "pkg search"):

pkg:/service/network/nginx at 0.8.53-0.151.1
pkg:/web/php-52/extension/php-mysql
pkg:/web/php-52/extension/php-suhosin

I can't find PHP-FPM, that one you may have to compile from source. If
you do, you might find the following useful to install:

pkg:/sfe/developer/gcc-46 at 4.6.3-0.151.1.5
pkg:/runtime/gcc at 4.6.2-0.151.1
pkg:/developer/build/gnu-make at 3.81-0.151.1.4

> Packages would be nice but I'll compile from source is required altough I'd rather not.  My previous server is linux and I'm looking to make a switch.

If you are making a switch from Linux, I'd also recommend getting used
to putting your services in zones ("zoneadm", "zonecfg" and friends).
Much better security isolation, ability to have separate IP stacks from
the global zone (ip-type=exclusive), separate firewall and routing rules
and all that with true 0% overhead.

Cheers,
--
Saso