[OpenIndiana-discuss] vcenter server sharenfs issue

Sebastian Gabler sequoiamobil at gmx.net
Thu Jan 24 23:01:31 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I found the problem after some desperate changes by accident, using Saso's recommendation #2. Vcsa apparently uses another interface to access data stores than for management console. After giving the management interface rw access to the store instead of root, the second, undocumented IF hit dmesg with an error while trying to stat the dir in console. The rest was easy: added the second IP to the whitelist too, done.

Adding versions: NFS is v4, VMware is 5.1 currently in evaluation mode.

Thanks for helping me with your thoughts.

Br
Sebastian