[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana 151a7 with Supermicro

wim at vandenberge.us wim at vandenberge.us
Fri Jan 25 20:28:44 UTC 2013

Hello,

After reading the Storage Controllers section
(http://wiki.openindiana.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4883876) on the Open
Indiana website I decided to build my system on the Super Micro X9DRW-3F-O
motherboard which uses the Intel C606 SAS/SATA controller which shows as
supported using the SCU driver. Unfortunately I neglected to read Note 4 at the
bottom of the page which states: " scu driver not in recent oi_151a7 distro".

So that leaves me with a system where the boot drives (SATA connected to the
on-board C606) are not found by Open Indiana.

My question is this: Is the SCU driver for the c606 available for download
somewhere and, if so, where?

Any help and pointers always appreciated.