[OpenIndiana-discuss] i7 cpu that accepts ECC Ram

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Sun Jan 27 03:21:36 UTC 2013

> From: Harry Putnam [mailto:reader at newsguy.com]

> cpus that supports ECC ram.

I expect most people don't know about these pages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors

I've used that to look up various details of i5 and i7 processors.  I assume similar pages exist for other categories.  It beats the heck out of trying to look up individual processors by model number.

Anyway, according to "the internet" which is synonymous with wikipedia:
Core i7-610E, i7-620UE, i7-620LE and i7-660UE have support for ECC memory
Core i7-2610UE, Core i7-2655LE has support for ECC memory
Core i7-2715QE has support for ECC memory

I suspect that's the most useful answer you were dreaming of hoping for.   ;-)