[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana roadmap

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:27:22 UTC 2013

On 01/28/13 02:43 AM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Jesus Cea wrote:
>>
>> Is out there an OpenIndiana Roadmap?. In particular, I am VERY
>> interested in a security supported version.
>
> How much are you willing to pay for this service?
>
> Oracle charges $1k/year per socket.
Yes, support needs to be payed.
In means of human resources doing the job of support.

I just hope you have in mind doing it in open source way, like many
other free software distributions,  without closed source, like Oracle
is doing.

Maybe support could be organized around public stable release that could
be supported.