[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help installing OI

Mirko Fluher mir at pax.apana.org.au
Mon Jan 28 13:13:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 13:37 +0100, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

> Error verifying signature: parse
> error
> On 28/01/2013 11:32, Mirko Fluher wrote:
> > I cannot install OpenIndiana using the current LiveDVD because it cannot see
> > my see my HD ... ?? [gparted, as provided on the LiveDVD sees the whole HD
> > as unallocated] ??
> >

> > Computer used: cpu: i7 3.4 mboard: gigabyte B75M-D3H (UEFI dualbios) ram: 32g
> > HD: Segate 2TB cdrom: LG B-ray.
> >
> > At the moment, the above HD has 3x 300G partitions. The fist one runs
> > Ubuntu, the second Centos the third is blank (/ext4) and the rest of the HD
> > is 'unused'.
> >
> > Has anyone installed OI on this type of hardware ?
> >
> > Is it a case of having to install OI first ?? by creating a partition using
> > OI's gparted or fdisk ... ?
> >

> Use ddu (icon on the left) on the live-DVD to find out specific
> information about which driver is missing.

The chipset used on this motherboard is --> Intel B75 Express Chipset
as for the missing driver(s) ... it refers to :

Intel Corporation Panther Point USB xHCI Host Controller
and
Intel Corporation Panther Point MEI Conroller #1

Cheers,
--
http://pax.apana.org.au gpg key id: EACDC062 pgp.mit.edu Linux #19227
http://www.ausif.org.au