[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI rpool on USB flash in N40L?

Bentley, Dain DBentley at nas.edu
Mon Jan 28 17:21:10 UTC 2013

Google eon zfs. They are a usb illumos flavor. The community seems as friendly as this one.

FreeBSD is okay as well. I honestly have more experience with FreeBSD/ Linux but prefer BSD to Linux. To be frank when it comes to ZFS I think the setup and performance on OI is better than FreeBSD, but that is my own personal experience. Setting up a ZFS root pool on FreeBSD is a bear and just seems pieced together. You can just install UFS but its not recommended.

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)