[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana roadmap

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 18:43:15 UTC 2013

--- On Mon, 1/28/13, James Relph <james at themacplace.co.uk> wrote:

> From: James Relph <james at themacplace.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana roadmap
> To: "Discussion list for OpenIndiana" <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
> Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 11:31 AM
> > This sort of thing is more
> easily done if the people doing the work receive
> compensation for it rather than doing the work in their
> spare time from a different paying job.
> >
> > If there was an "OpenIndiana Foundation" which could
> receive contributions/payments, then it would be possible to
> pay someone to act as a security coordinator with
> sufficiently real-time response.
>
> That's certainly something we'd be very interested in
> contributing to, I've offered bounties before, but without
> an official structure it's just been via this list and
> hasn't been replied to (if ever even read by someone who
> could do it).

Would a Kickstarter project to fund an OI support group be possible?  The problem is you need a certain level of commitments to justify setting up a support operation.

I was quite happy to pay Sun for a 3 year Gold level contract on my Ultra 20 when I bought it.  $250/yr to fund someone to help when I run into problems would be money well spent to me.

Have Fun!
Reg