[OpenIndiana-discuss] [developer] Status of SPARC

Martin Bochnig martin at martux.org
Wed Jan 30 08:52:17 UTC 2013

> When i had a website without DNS I simply used the IP address.  ex
> http://123.456.789.000/
>
> It works
>

> Paul

Hi,

yes, thanks. I know.

2003/2004:
SCSysA 8, 9
SCNetA 8, 9
SCSecA 9

But then you still need root permissions to start httpd.
Also, this Amazon mc server (mc.bef2.us) lives in a poorly performing VM.
The bandwidth would be horrible.

During the night I fought with 3 incorrect chars in
SUNWgnome-terminal's pkginfo.tmpl file causing 10 hours of new delay.

The result is being uploaded right now:

sftp> mput *
Uploading OpenSXCE_2013.01_Live_SPARC.iso to
/mb/martin/RELEASES/2013.01/ISOs/sparc/OpenSXCE_2013.01_Live_SPARC.iso
OpenSXCE_2013.01_Live_SPARC.iso
                                                      5%   71MB
118.8KB/s 2:50:25 ETA

However, if I consider the SPARC-hostility on this list, maybe we
should think again if we actually want the new distro to be based on
Illumos.

But this doesn't influence my promise to give the _others_ the
promised iso and repo.
If Illumos doesn't want this, we shouldn't force them.

But then they also miss the other half of that very same distro that
runs on their beloved x64 platform.

The upload status says it finishes in 3 hours.
The truck comes in 4 hours.
I will ask Al to please communicate with you in my place for the
download link, until I can post again.
(at least if I go to friends, University or Internet Cafe this will be possible)
But not before tomorrow evening ...

%martin