[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installation on HD => 2TB

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Jan 31 12:34:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-31 13:27, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> You can't boot OI from disks over 2 TB as they require an EFI label.

I believe this is not technically precise. If you label a 3Tb disk with
MBR, I think you can boot - but forfeit the extra terabyte of data.

In some future case this might be acceptable - i.e. when a dirt-cheap
replacement disk which is larger than your old one comes and is to be
just plugged into a degraded pool. So you lose 1/3... well... it is
cheap (i.e. in a year-two from now).

//Jim