[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI_151a7 install grumble

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 17:25:18 UTC 2013

Jan,

Thanks.   I don't want to connect to the Internet w/ the system, so adding packages requires cloning the repository.  I'll probably have to do that eventually, but for now I'm going to try installing to one of the disks w/ the LiveCD and then migrating the BE to a proper size pool and clobbering the pool created by the installer.

I'm going to try tricking it by forming a mirror w/ a 128 GB slice, detaching the oversize slice, relabeling and then reforming the mirror.  May not work, but it's worth a try.

It would all be simple if the installer would allow using existing labels and pools.  Just run the shell to set things up and then start the installer.

Sigh...
Reg