[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI_151a7 install grumble

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 20:17:02 UTC 2013

Jim,

Thanks.  Can one even create a mirrored root pool w/ the current GUI installer? I think I might try the small MBR partitions as a way of fooling the GUI installer if one can.

I'm using a USB DVD drive which is proving painfully slow w/ the GUI installer though very quick w/ the text installer. Cannot figure out why.

The maddening part is I'm just trying to build a setup similar to my Solaris 10 U8 setup, but w/ more disk and a RAIDZ pool for use as an NFS server.  I had no problems doing the workstation, so I naively thought it would be simple to do w/ OI.  I'm beginning to think I should just go back to Solaris 10, but I'd really been wanting to start migrating the important systems to OI.

I've been reading your manual install page on the wiki and trying to turn that into a script I can run, but the complexity level is a bit high.  I'm spending a lot of time reading and rereading man pages.

I've been at this for 7 hours w/o stopping and w/o making any real progress.  I think I'll stop and look for food.

Reg