[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana server networking problem.

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Wed Jul 3 18:02:00 UTC 2013

Did the Cisco manager do a reboot of the router after you switched servers?
If the router had rather long ARP and DHCP caching then it wouldn't give your OI server new addresses after switching AND it would route all traffic still to the old MAC addresses.

Thus the network would seem broken, but only because of the old arp-cache and DHCP server cache.

If this would be the case then you are hunting for solutions in the complete opposite direction. You might have had a working config on day one...

Kind regards,

The out-side

Op 3 jul. 2013 om 17:10 heeft "DormitionSkete at hotmail.com" <dormitionskete at hotmail.com> het volgende geschreven: