[OpenIndiana-discuss] How viable is Hipster/oi_151a8 ?

Paolo Marcheschi paolo.marcheschi at ftgm.it
Tue Jul 9 13:17:09 UTC 2013

Hi
I use it in production for daily use on a Ultra 27 workstation, and it runs fine.
My notes:

  * packagemanager crashes when I try to search something, but pkg command runs fine, there is also a thread on this issue.
  * Html5 in firefox does not have audio, it's a pity because could be a valid alternative to flash, hopefully this will change in the future, you can try by disabling the plugin and activate html5 player http://www.youtube.com/html5.
  * Still is not possible to use Libreoffice,:-( , tried to use under wine but crashes after a wile.
  * I have a small problem when I restart the system , I have to unplug and plug again the keyboard in order to use it.
  * Overall system now works like a charm, it is very stable, a lot of issues I had, have been solved.
  * Using firefox and thunderbird from: http://unixpackages.com/packages/mozilla

Ciao
Paolo