[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS and openindiana

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Wed Jul 10 11:57:09 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get CIFS working to share a home drive to a windows 8
machine.  The pool already exists and I don't use auto_home.

I tried just zfs set sharesmb=on home and that made it discoverable but
when i try to log in I get authentication denied.

I looked at the instructions online and saw all kinds of stuff that I am
not sure if I really need to do. Most of the instructions I find are
either oracle telling me to make a pool from scratch or samba specific.
Do I need to do that or can I use the existing pool?

Thanks.

Dan

--
Dr. Daniel Kjar
Associate Professor of Biology

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson