[OpenIndiana-discuss] Status of compilers in use for OI

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Jul 12 21:13:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-12 21:52, Bryan N Iotti wrote:
> Thank you all for helping make this clearer.
>
> So, in order to compile something using the same tools that are used to
> build /stable, I would use pkg:/developer/sunstudio12u1 while for
> hipster I'd use GCC 4.6.3?

Unfortunately, no.

There was a specific post-release patched version of Sun Studio
which is not redistributable, so basically only those who have
downloaded it sometime back in 2010 can still use it. It is not
available from Oracle website (unlike the base SS12 or SS12u1
which are not it), as well as the OI-bundled package is not it.

The package in the OI does provide some other tools needed for
the build, but not the specific known-to-work-unlike-others
version of the compiler.

//Jim