[OpenIndiana-discuss] Oracle Stops Sun Ray development

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Mon Jul 15 19:40:39 UTC 2013

How sad.  Well, I guess I will be replacing all my 2s with 3s as I am
sure the ebay market for them will completely collapse.  SRSS '5' (4.2?)
works so well I haven't bothered patching/upgrading/even worrying about
it for 2+ years now (yeah, and oracle killed that with their jackass
support options anyway).  And, it works great with OI.  Hopefully OI
won't break it over time as it is updated.

On 7/15/2013 10:00 AM, Paolo Marcheschi wrote:
> Maybe Off Topic , but a great bad news.
>
> Oracle decides to discontinue the developing of the DVI infrastructure :
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/oracle-to-halt-development-of-sun-virtualization-technologies-7000018028/
>

> Are there any viable alternatives? Using illumos based OS ?
>
> Paolo

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Associate Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson