[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI ZFS and Active Directory Integration

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Jul 15 22:24:27 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 06:12 AM, Alberto Picón Couselo wrote:
> Hi, there.
>
> I would like to know if MS Active Directory integration is supported
> in OpenIndiana and which is the best way to provide ZFS filesystem to
> Windows Servers.

user database integration possible with samba or user mapping possible
with kCIFS. If you do not need users to logon and get a shell, then
using kCIFS is sufficient.

ZFS can be provided to Windows Servers via samba daemons or kCIFS. The
question is whether you need kerberos throughout. If you do, samba is
the way to go. kCIFS only supports ntlmv2 and no kerberos handshake in
the smb connection.

> Is there any master guidelines I can follow?

Oracle's documentation for kCIFS. samba documentation for samba.