[OpenIndiana-discuss] Workaround for Flash Plugin using older one

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Thu Jul 18 09:17:57 UTC 2013

On 15/07/2013 22:18, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 15/07/2013 21:11, Jon Tibble wrote:

>>> No it does not, the r53 is actually a r82 (they don't archive severely
>>> vulnerable versions, but overwrite them silently). Instead of youtube,
>>> most videos on Dailymotion are now broken, and in general this version
>>> is very unstable. Did a check on later versions, but none of them
>>> work with hipster.
>>> So this problem is not fixed with that workaround, just shifted around.
>>>

>> I found a version that works with FF19 and FF22 (22 had other issues
>> like non-collapsing right-click menus) but it's at work so will post
>> tomorrow.  Did work for youtube and last.fm though.
>>

> Just a tip: When you test on Dailymotion, let it run a while,
> what I found it that it starts stuttering and then stops after
> a while with the r82 version, so problems are not seen immediately.

This is stranger than I thought: Sometimes, the 11.1 plugin works
even on youtube, then at one instance decides to crash, and crashes
on every video (even those which worked shortly before!) afterwards.

This looks like it depends on some libraries loaded in different
versions or order sometimes (or on some libraries loaded for some
codecs), and then stay in memory.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php