[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI on HP ProLiant Microserver Gen8

Jarrad Piper jarrad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 01:52:02 UTC 2013

An update to the status of the HP Microserver Gen8. The latest stable of
OmniOS now supports the NIC's so all looks good for the next release of OI.
On the KVM front it's worse I'm afraid. Creating and deleting VNIC's causes
the NIC to fail with "bge0: bge_chip_poll_engine failed". Another issue is
when you are using a shared NIC for ILO. The LOM dies after the OS comes up
so I have had to use the dedicated ILO port. In other news it has been
confirmed that you can put a Xeon into these boxes without issue.
http://b3n.org/installed-xeon-e3-1230v2-in-gen8-hp-microserver/

Cheers,

Jarrad.