[OpenIndiana-discuss] 4TB SAS drive with 4KB sectors (Advanced Format)

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Wed Jul 31 14:19:38 UTC 2013

The 4 TB Constellation ES.3 is 512b native sectors.

If you want 4K sectors on it you can override in /kernel/drv/sd.conf.   The
drive will still be 512b, but ZFS will use ashift=12 when configuring.

This is working for me on pool built with these drives.

I have had very good experience with Seagate Constellations.

-Chip