[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS read speed(iSCSI)

Heinrich van Riel heinrich.vanriel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 20:03:34 UTC 2013

If only the network guys here told me this, I do have VMware with two nics
but that does not help going to the same target as pointed out. It does
load balance but the total amount is only 80-100MB/s.

So I guess I will change two of the interfaces in LACP on one VLAN and then
the other two on another on the storage server side and on VMware/Hyper-v
bind to the two different targets with no LACP

So from the all replies I will be doing the following:

   * net changes as above
   * create block volumes with blocksize 32
   * enable compression
   * add the SSD cache disk. (doing some limited testing, students will
clone from the same templates and use the same install media when, so it
seems like it would help with that by putting on the SSD, tested on system
where I could add SATA SSD)

I will post my findings, but might take some time to fix the network in
time and they will have to deal with 1Gbps for the storage. The request is
to run ~90 VMs on 8 servers connected.

Thank you all for all the responses.