[OpenIndiana-discuss] [UNSUBSCRIBE]

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Thu Jun 6 21:48:42 UTC 2013

Running any solaris 10 successor has so much advantaches over Windows and linuxvariants that there is enormous commercial power available to prove there isn't.

I run many mysql databases on different hardware and different OS's, but i have tests that prove that openindiana on an HP N40l outperforms a HP DL380 G6 running windows datacenter.

There is a huge market for databaseservers that don't consume much energy. Running solaris on a server can cut energyconsumption dramaticly, due to fact that zones need little resources and perform great.

With sparc even more threads are available to zones and thus more servers per hardwareserver.

Solaris was almost on the top of the hill when oracle bought it and took it down to where the sun never shines.

Now companies need large costly servers for VMware and Windows datacenter.

Kind regards,

The out-side

Op 6 jun. 2013 om 23:32 heeft Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> het volgende geschreven: