[OpenIndiana-discuss] [UNSUBSCRIBE]

Rick Beets rickbeets at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 09:08:29 UTC 2013

Delighted to hear it bro! - May I point out that "business types (who don't
know any better...&c)" CAN come over to the Unix side: I was one and I did,
precisely because of the crashing and viruses.

Our sysadmin convinced me to ditch Win entirely, in 1997/8, and since then
in my (biz consulting) company alone some 35 people got to work with Sun
and Linux, with FOSS philosophy: more than half never looked at M$ again...
and several became "IT savvy" enough to pursue projects or careers in IT.

Maybe with Openindiana we shouldn't miss out on our little bit of
Evangelism...

~RB

rickbeets at gmail.com
operations at ribeco.net
Skype ribeco1

GPG encryption key: http://ribeco.net/pubkeys/rickbeets.txt

This message and any adjoined contents were generated on UNIX/Posix
platforms using Free Software; any third party contents were additionally
Antivirus-scanned, if without guarantees: Sender accepts no responsibility
for this message or its contents, once sent.

To enhance your security, user rights & freedoms, Sender recommends Free
Software.

This message may contain the viewpoint of Sender, not of any Corporation or
Institution of his involvement.
Its contents are strictly PRIVATE and CONFIDENTIAL, privy only to the
intended Addressee(s). If you received this message BY MISTAKE, kindly
DESTROY IT and ALERT Sender. Please help safeguard Internet privacy!