[OpenIndiana-discuss] [UNSUBSCRIBE]

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sun Jun 9 13:10:18 UTC 2013

On Sunday, June 09, 2013 05:57 PM, ken mays wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> Samba 3.5.21 binary package is in the OI hipster repo. Samba 3.6.15 and patches are already in the OI-userland git for review.

3.5.x smbd is broken on OI. The later releases sorted out winbind but
smbd processes still become 'stuck' and a long list of inactive smbd
processes will build up. That is why I moved on to 3.6.x even though I
was worried about winbind on 3.6.x. Everything has been working fine for
me with the 3.6.13 build I am running.