[OpenIndiana-discuss] [UNSUBSCRIBE]

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 17:06:06 UTC 2013

Hi Fred,

I meant 'that different people like or need different things'.

The relationship of the cars refers to people of 'specific or different tastes' - like a power/high-end user, technical executives, engineer, or developer. People that want or desire a scalable high-end 'open source' UNIX desktop/server, the office productivity suite like OpenOffice/LibreOffice, CAD/CAM, Graphics, Samba, Exim, Proftpd, etc.

Also, if someone desires a 8-core through 16-core 64-bit x86_64 processor then the OpenSXCE 2013.05 x86_64 works and installs on specific server platforms today. If you want to install OpenSXCE SPARC on a SPARCT4/T5/M5 or Fujitsu M10 server, then I'd tell you to use Solaris10u11/11.1 at the moment so you can 'FULLY' utilize the specialized hardware and have the adequate professional hardware/software support and service.

~ Ken Mays