[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing zones from templates

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Sun Jun 16 18:52:32 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

>I'm currently trying to better automate zone creation. What I'm actually
>> missing is a way to define the packages to be loaded while doing the
>> "zoneadm install" step.
>>

>Can't you specify the extra packages you want with the -e flag
>to install:
>
>zoneadm -z zone_name install -e extra_pkg
>
>(I think the -e can be repeated.)

Hmmm... that might be an option but doesn't sound too elegant with dozends of packages.

What about branded zones? There is an /etc/brand/ipkg/pkgrm.conf that is used to remove unwanted packages after zone installation. Shouldn't there be a complementary pkg.conf to define the required ones?

Or are there other means to define zone brands?

Cheers
Stefan