[OpenIndiana-discuss] Odd Samba/winbind issue

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Fri Jun 21 18:49:25 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-21 5:53 PM, James Relph wrote:
> I initially dropped the 64-bit versions in and it freaked out big
> style (couldn't login initially).  The netatalk bit seems to be
> running fine with those as well.  Does samba even use PAM for talking
> with winbind or deal directly?

You need to have both, hence the $ISA, since 32 and 64 bits apps will
each need the proper binary.
And I realized I gave you a wrong path earlier for the ldd, forgotten I
had just introduced both 32/64 Samba binaries, I should have noticed it
was way too short:
/opt/csw/sbin/amd64 or /opt/csw/sbin/sparcv9 is where they are.

And it does link against libpam:
   find object=libpam.so.1; required by /opt/csw/sbin/amd64/smbd

> It doesn't look like it's asking the AD oddly (yet the PAM modules
> do), I need to run Wireshark on there and see what's actually
> happening.

Also raising the Samba debug level and trying to find some nuggets of
information there.

Laurent