[OpenIndiana-discuss] running VirtualBox headless

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 02:24:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm running a home NAS using OI 151a7 "server" (vs. "desktop"). I was
thinking of running Ubuntu Server in a virtual machine on OI, ideally
configured to startup/shutdown when OI starts/shuts down. I can
connect a monitor to the machine, but it generally should run
headless.

I found there is a very helpful entry on the wiki [1] describing most
of the steps. Has anyone successfully installed VirtualBox on a
headless OI and have any other tips before I dive in?

[1] http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/7.2+VirtualBox

Cheers,
Jan