[OpenIndiana-discuss] status of the PERC H310 in OI?

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Jun 28 23:04:21 UTC 2013

On 29/06/2013 00:19, Tim Mooney wrote:
> As Udo mentioned in the earlier post he referenced:
>
>     http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2013-May/012815.html
>
> The PERC H310 doesn't have a driver in oi151a7.  oi151a7 reports it as an
> LSI Falcon 2008.
>
> I could rip out the PERC if necessary, but I wanted to explore all options
> before doing that.
>
> Udo mentions an imr_sas driver, which I have been unable to find.  There's
> an interesting blog post here:
>
>     http://www.byte.nl/blog/how-to-install-opensolaris-openindiana-on-an-m1015-lsi-9240-raid-controller/
>
> about the imr_sas driver and an older version of OI, but it appears that LSI
> no longer provides Solaris drivers for their MegaRaid cards, as most pages
> involving Solaris just redirect to Oracle.

Stay away from the PERC H310 ! We found out later that it can read,
but it cannot write (a few KB/s generating a lot of errors) with
the imr_sas driver in its current state. We ripped them out and
relocated the disks to other machines.
After all these hassles and other experiences with Dell support
I would NOT recommend the Dell T3600 anymore, use another machine
from another vendor...