[OpenIndiana-discuss] Tribblix update

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:20:40 UTC 2013

Work continues on putting more flesh on the bare bones that
is Tribblix. The latest update - Milestone 4 - is now available.

http://www.tribblix.org/download.html

The milestone reached here is to build and include OpenJDK,
which opens up a new range of opportunities. (For those who
missed it, one of the key features of Milestone 3 was
Enlightenment E17.)

This is all a long way from production-ready. One key missing
feature is any upgrade capability. There are a lot more things
missing, of course - but this is very much a prototype, as well
as a flexible platform I can build other applications on.

I'm still trying to get LibreOffice running, with some success - I
can now get a clean build and install of 4.0.1.2, and can open
some documents, but many operations don't work at all.

--
-Peter Tribble