[OpenIndiana-discuss] cp -p problem: extend system attributes

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Tue Mar 5 10:46:39 UTC 2013

The problem is only with the spares attribute, so you need a file with the spares attribut set, eg.:

grzemba at oi-kvm:~$ ls -/c xscreensaver.sav
-rw-r--r-- 1 grzemba staff 7276 Feb 25 2010 xscreensaver.sav

grzemba at oi-kvm:~$ cp -p xscreensaver.sav /tmp
cp: Failed to copy extended system attributes from xscreensaver.sav to /tmp/xscreensaver.sav

I do not know how to modify (set) system attributes. runat it not possible for system attributes I guess.