[OpenIndiana-discuss] DLNA server

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Fri Mar 8 12:39:59 UTC 2013

> From: Michelle Knight [mailto:michelle at msknight.com]
>
> It looks like I'm going to have to install something on the server to
> publish the video directories in DLNA, which I've got no experience of.

This is what I do:

sudo pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered
sudo pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe
sudo pkg -y install serviio

As others have mentioned, configuring a profile specifically compatible with you device is crucial.  With my TV, so far I've only been able to play, pause, FFx1 FFx2.  Any other button (REW, or FFx4) will halt the TV, requiring a power cycle.  It's very annoying.

I haven't put in the effort to fix a profile for my TV.  As Hans said, you need to go to http://forum.serviio.org/ and basically just figure it out.  And hopefully share profiles so other people with the same device can benefit.