[OpenIndiana-discuss] DLNA server

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Sat Mar 9 17:36:11 UTC 2013

I have tried napp-it a couple of times, and again today to check on
Mediatomb.

I have an issue with napp-it in that it seems to actually require a
fresh base install of OI. Napp-it installs other SW w/o attempting to
avoid conflicts, and relying solely on creating a new BE to enable
backing the changes out.

Also the instructions, while just sufficient for the ideal case, leaves
a little to be desired for the cases when users, believing the words
about a new BE to mean the new package is installed into a new BE, just
try it.

You should either specifically warn users of the need to start from a
base installation of OI or else add logic to avoid conflicts when
installing .

Plus very clear and detailed instructions on how to get back to the
previous version.

I suggest you ask the user of an existing, not absolutely fresh, OI to
first create a new BE, boot over to the new BE, do the install there.