[OpenIndiana-discuss] DLNA server

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Sun Mar 10 13:42:06 UTC 2013

Sorry, my mistake.  I just pulled out my actual notes, and here's what I *actually* do:

    adapted from http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=howto:solaris:install

    sudo pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered
    sudo pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe

    sudo pkg install ffmpeg

    sudo mkdir /usr/local
    cd /usr/local
    sudo tar xzf serviio-1.1-linux.tar.gz
    (Yes, I know that says linux.)

    sudo chown -R eharvey:staff /usr/local/serviio-1.1

    Get onto a GUI (vnc) as eharvey.
        cd /usr/local/serviio-1.1
        ./bin/serviio.sh &
        ./bin/serviio-console.sh &

    Icon appears in status tray. Right click it, open serviio console
    Under "Network Settings" / "Bound IP address" enter your IP explicitly.

    Under Library / Shared Folders, add something to share.

    Create the script:  ~/bin/serviio.sh
#!/usr/bin/bash
cd /usr/local/serviio-1.1
./bin/serviio.sh &
./bin/serviio-console.sh &

    Assuming you already have vnc set to launch as a smf service,
    just add the serviio.sh script to System / Preferences / Startup Applications

    Type "which ffmpeg" to get its location, and then edit JAVA_OPTS at the bottom of /usr/local/serviio-1.1/bin/serviio.sh and add
        -Dffmpeg.location=/usr/bin/ffmpeg

    Restart serviio.
        ~/bin/serviio.sh