[OpenIndiana-discuss] The Wiki is a bit confusing as to how to build stuff

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Mon Mar 11 09:16:18 UTC 2013

When one tries to find instructions for how to produce a distro on the
wiki, things get confusing.

Could someone point me to the right trail?

I need to produce a Live DVD iso image for serving over the net.
The image booted should for the most part be the latest OI, and I'd
rather not compile most of the stuff. There may be one or two SW pieces
I need to add, but the standard OI bits should be the standard OI bits....
Also I need to change what comes up on the display when the user boots
the image, but only in the form of an extra text file with instructions
and also a script showing up as a clickable icon.

So where do I start, and how do I stay on the straight&narrow?

Where do I get the standard binaries ( off the rpool of a system?? ),
how do I compile the added binaries,  where do I put the "added bits",
how do I produce the iso or USB image?