[OpenIndiana-discuss] How do I swiych from IDE to AHCI mode for my SATA disks, please vet my procedure!

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Mar 19 12:07:48 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-19 08:48, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> And since I haven't really changed my HW, reconfigure shouldn't be
> needed, or???

Technically not - if the OS detected potential presence of your SATA
device and prepared drivers and device nodes for it long ago. Just in
case this "touch $ROOTFS/reconfigure" won't hurt, however.

Also, many SATA/AHCI devices are wrapped by a single standard driver,
maybe it is tried by default always? (There are nv_sata, bcm_sata and
so on, which might - or not - require more manual work, but also are
more rare).

//Jim