[OpenIndiana-discuss] 3737 days of uptime

Julius Roberts hooliowobbits at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 04:21:47 UTC 2013

I'm waiting for 7337 days before mine go down ;)

On 20 March 2013 14:41, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com <
dormitionskete at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> I saw this on the Illumos developer list.  I thought some of you might get
> a kick out of it.
>
> A Sun Solaris machine was shut down last week in Hungary, I think, after
> 3737 days of uptime.  Below are links to the article and video.
>

> http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/13/03/14/2029205/solaris-machine-shut-down-after-3737-days-of-uptime
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAUvfqLEWuA
>
> Warning:  It might bring a tear to your eye...
>
> [];-)
>
> Peter, hieromonk

Kind regards, Jules

<golgy> whats so wrong with plumb?
<hoolio> nothing, in itself.  it's just for me, knowing what it means
infers i cannot any longer pretend to not be a complete square when it
comes to computers
<Gryphon> I don't know that knowing anything about plumb turns you into a
nerd, but this conversation already has
<hoolio> are you calling me nerdy?
<checkers> hoolio: you know what initramfs means, AND does. You're lost to
the non-geek world already
<Gryphon> yes
<hoolio> hrm
<hoolio> goodbye cruel world.