[OpenIndiana-discuss] How can one test in situ, and under OI, the physical blocksize a SATA disk actually reports??

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 15:51:01 UTC 2013

--- On Wed, 3/20/13, Hans J. Albertsson <hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se> wrote:

> From: Hans J. Albertsson <hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se>
> Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] How can one test in situ, and under OI, the physical blocksize a SATA disk actually reports??
> To: "Discussion list for OpenIndiana" <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
> Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 10:22 AM
> And the error is the extra space
> after the "," it seems.
>
> I changed the entry to
> sd-config-list="*WD20EARS*","physical-block-size:4096"
> anyways, but I take it there can be no space after the comma
> in a duplet.

I very much doubt that the space after the comma was the problem.

The string matching rules are a bit obtuse and poorly documented.  I suggest looking at the source but w/ care to compare the code to the comments to make sure the code does what the comments claim.

The biggest obstacle I ran into was the omission of the step to reconfigure the driver using cfgadm by detaching and reattaching as discussed by George Wilson.

Have Fun!
Reg