[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot errors I need to understand and possibly deal with, please advise!

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Wed Mar 20 23:34:06 UTC 2013

I wish....

On 2013-03-19 14:51, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> Once I got this all in place after changing IDE mode to AHCI mode for
> SATA, I started noticing a couple of boot errors that I need to
> understand, maybe even do something about..
>
> For all: Are they real problems or not?? (My guess is not, really).
>
> 1. "pci_lcap_locate: unexpected pci header type:ff"
> I found the same error message in a post from Udo Grabowski, but there
> was no explanation for this one in the answer Udo got. What does it
> mean??
What part of the kernel said this?? And why??

> 2. "vboxflt:file_t::f_vnode at 16"
> Something to do with a non-crossbow driver in Virtualbox... Same here,
> what does it mean???
It seems like a complaint. Who complains and about what? Could be
Virtualbox, I suppose?? But for what reason??

> 3. WARNING: kvm: insufficient hardware support (lacking EPT)
> Huh??? The CPU is a Xeon 3330. Intel says that has VT and EPT support,
> and I've enabled VT and VT-d support in the BIOS. What gives?? Is
> Intel lying???

and "kvm" is the plaintiff... WHO is that.

Meanwhile, in a South African theatre in Azerbadjan...

"Sir, the konderbank suddenly redanded!"

"You BASTARD!!!! There! Take this!!!!"

He fires his gun straight into the surprised face of the young man, and
the play ends, the audience still considering the possibility of the
play actually being in pidgin, just to accept not having the slightest
idea what the plot was, or even the price of admission.

(Too late the elderly actor realised he had mistakenly brought live
ammunition on stage.)