[OpenIndiana-discuss] Question regarding Supermicro motherboard compatibility

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 21:37:27 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I'm building a new storage rig and I'm considering basing it a new
motherboard by SuperMicro, the X9DRW-7TPF+
http://www.supermicro.nl/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9DRW-7TPF_.cfm

The on-board dual 10GE SFP+ ports make this a particularly attractive
board for iSCSI targets.

Does anybody have any experience with this board? According to the OS
compatibility matrix, though, "Solaris" is a no-go on this, so I'm
assuming Illumos/OI won't work either (or haven't been tested).

Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
--
Saso